Monday, September 20, 2010

The Bash Brothers

So this morning at about 1am I was setting up curtains for the first BYU career fair of the fall semester with my coworker Jin. It was a long and tedious process of setting up poles and heavy bases and attempting to make it all somewhat straight and organized. Our boss ripped our supervisor for not doing it right and then sent Jin and I to figure out how to do it right. After a while Jin and I had it mastered. As I we were working at this ungodly hour of the night, I thought, 'we're like the "Bash Brothers".' Then it occurred to me that we were really nothing like the "Bash Brothers" I thought of were big hairy white dudes.My first thought was, of course this classic baseball card shot from my childhood of Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco, the original bash brothers. My next thought was of D2 Mighty Ducks (the "Bash Brothers" from this cinematic masterpiece are pictured above).
So it turns out Jin and I are nothing like the "Bash Brothers." I am a skinny dude who can't even grow facial hair and Jin is a five foot nothing Korean Girl but it made me laugh. Maybe it would be better if I were not Todd Hall but Todd Helton and she wasn't Jin my coworker but Jin from LOST.














Now that would be an awesome set of Bash Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment